Mustard Vinaigrette Salad Dressing for Mixed Greens
Mustard Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp. celery seed
- 10 oz. mixed organic field greens
- sliced red onion rings
- tomato wedges or cherry tomatoes halved
- grated carrot or radish
- Combine sugar, dry mustard, salt and red wine vinegar in a blender for about 30 seconds, add the oil while running the blender on slow.
- Stop the blender and add the onion and celery seed; give the blender a 15 second pulse.
- Set aside until you are ready to toss the salad. This is another dressing that keeps well so just put any extra in your refrigerator. It is great with fruit too.
- Toss the mixed greens with the dressing in a large bowl, just before serving. If you are serving on individual plates, place the desired amount of greens on the plate, top with two onion rings, two wedges of tomato on the side, and the grated carrot on top. If serving in a large bowl, garnish the top of the greens with the onion rings, tomato, and carrot.
To learn more about Webber’s Lodges Award-Winning wild game cookbooks please visit: