Manitoba Wild Rice and Black Bean Casserole Recipe
Manitoba Wild Rice and Black Bean Casserole
This colourful festival of flavours is a hearty vegetarian meal, or a tasty side dish served with chicken, beef, or pork.
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped red pepper
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 14 oz. can corn niblets, drained
- 19 oz. can black beans, rinsed
- 1 tsp. Dymond Lake Seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cumin
1. In a large frying pan, heat the butter and oil. Saute onions, garlic, celery, and red pepper, until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes.
2. Add cooked wild rice and remaining ingredients. Stir well while heating thoroughly.
Serves 8 as a side dish. Enjoy!
To learn more about Webber’s Lodges Award-Winning wild game cookbooks please visit: