Lemon Thyme Spinach Recipe
Lemon Thyme Spinach
Spinach has always been one of those vegetables that people either love or hate. We think anyone who tries this recipe will become a spinach lover. Be sure to use fresh thyme.
- 6 tbsp. softened butter
- 4 tsp. coarsely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp. lightly packed finely grated lemon zest
- ½ tsp. minced garlic
- sea salt
- 2 lbs. stemmed spinach
- In a small bowl combine the butter, thyme, lemon zest, garlic, and a generous pinch of sea salt.
- Mash with a fork until well blended.
- Put several large handfuls of the spinach in a 12-inch non-stick sauté pan. Season with ½ tsp sea salt. Turn the heat to medium high and cook, stirring frequently, until the spinach is mostly wilted, about 1-2 minutes. Repeat until all the spinach is wilted.
- Turn off the heat but leave the pan on the burner. Add the butter mixture and toss just until it melts and coats the spinach.
- Serve immediately.
Notes: You can make the butter mixture up to 2 day ahead of time. Leave covered in the refrigerator.
To learn more about Webber’s Lodges Award-Winning wild game cookbooks please visit: