Blue Cheese Spread Recipe – Any Port in a Storm
Any Port in a Storm Blue Cheese Spread
- 4 oz. cream cheese – softened
- 2 oz. blue cheese
- 3 tbsp. dried currants, blueberries or cranberries
- 2 tbsp. Port*
- 2 tbsp. toasted sliced almonds
- Combine cream cheese, blue cheese, currants and port.
- Spoon into a small dish.
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
- Server with crackers.
Makes approximately 1 cup
Note: *Port is a fortified, sweet wine from Portugal that varies greatly in quality and in price. Vintage ports can be aged for 50 years or more. Less expensive ports are often just labeled Ruby or Tawny. Generic ports are made in several different countries and are fine for use in recipes with other strong flavors.
To learn more about Webber’s Lodges Award-Winning wild game cookbooks please visit: