Cedar Planked Trout with
Balsamic Reduction Sauce
- 1 Cedar plank
- 1 or 2 2 lb. (1 kg) lake trout fillets
- Salt and Dymond Lake Seasoning (*DLS) to taste
- Soak an untreated cedar plank in water for 24 hours.
- Remove the plank from the water and lay the trout fillets on the plank. Season with salt and DLS.
- Place the plank with the trout on a hot barbecue. Close the lid and bake until the trout is done, about 10 minutes per inch.
- 1 cup Balsamic vinegar 250 mL
- 3 tbsp Sugar 45 mL
- In a small saucepan, simmer the vinegar and sugar together for 15-20 minutes, or, until reduced by a third to a half.
- To serve, pour the sauce over the trout or serve the sauce in a small pitcher for pouring over individual servings.
* DLS – Dymond Lake Seasoning is our signature blend of herbs and spices. Appropriate alternatives range from plain or seasoned salt and/or pepper to a combination of oregano, basil, parsley, thyme, celery salt, onion salt, paprika, pepper, salt, and garlic powder.
For more great recipes like this please see our award-winning cookbook series at BlueberriesAndPolarBears.com